Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Guest Post 1/27/10

Some interesting shit has happened this week, and it's only Tuesday.

Incident 1: I am sitting in my 9AM environmental science lab, grumpy from sleep deprivation. A stupid, annoying bitch sitting next to me is complaining about the "difficulty" and "uselessness" of latitude and longitude. After enduring 10 minutes of her incessant whining, I proceed to help her with her work. "I don't get how the degrees work!" she said. Trying not to get too pissed, I reply with "well latitude's easy. They're lines that go east and west, 0 to 90 degrees from the equator to the north pole, 0 to 90 degrees from the equator to the south pole." After peering at her map for a good 4,000 years (probably only 10 seconds, but fuck it seemed like forever), she replies with "well where's the equator?" At this point, I get out of my seat and sit at a different table.

Incident 2: my Spanish teacher informs us of an essay that she wants us to write. She states that this is a diagnostic essay to establish our knowledge of Spanish and that we should not ask anyone for help. "In other words, don't ask your friend at the restaurant to edit your paper", she says. Struggling to suppress an imminent giggle, I ask, "don't you mean business office?". My Spanish teacher, to my utter delight and schoolboy amusement, replies with, "What language are we learning here? C'mon, let's be serious."


-Daniel-

No comments:

Post a Comment